Photos

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ready for the Unknown

With a little over a day to go before my solo departure to Delhi, people keep asking me if i am ready to go. I have worked out all the details of travel logistics and preparations such as insurance, visa, and shots. The question of whether or not i am mentally prepared is a difficult one to answer. Having never been to India or any of the Asian side of the world, there is no way to truly prepare myself. I will have my patience tested constantly, be continuously overwhelmed, and often confused. I recently discovered some feelings of apprehension towards what I am doing. What rational person would voluntarily throw himself into this kind of situation?
I then remembered the last couple years when predictability was the very reason i lacked the motivation to get out of bed early enough to make it to work on time to a job that wasn't even that bad. I would lay in bed and envision the entire day before it happened. The only changing variables reduced to what i would eat for dinner and if there would be more/less traffic than the day before. I felt as though I was living the part of Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. I'm just not cut out for routine.
Having already had an amazing trip out west this past August, I am full of excitement and energy again. I was reminded that new experiences make you feel truly alive. Just four weeks travelling and climbing in the northwest has done so much and that was barely the beginning. I can't wait to see where this journey takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment