Photos

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Taking the Plunge

     Five hours until departure from Newark airport. Fourteen hours on a plane before descending on New Delhi, India. The first stop on an open ended travel to the subcontinent and south east Asia.Ill be meeting Jay in Kathmandu, Nepal some time next week.
     Im anxious and excited . Jay and I have been planning this little adventure for a few years now. Even as I moved to San Francisco I did so with the understanding that it was a temporary home. Somewhere beautiful and exciting to hunker down and earn my travel fare. During work hours Jay and I excitedly chatted back and forth, listing off potential destinations and longings for how life would be. How we would bust out of our monotonous nine-to-five existence and see the world. 
     Well, now that time has come. I quit my job on August 12 and left the first place that felt like home to hit the road, literally. Its exhilarating to talk and plan a great adventure, but now that departure is upon me, im kind of alarmed. The goal of this trip is to become comfortable with the unknowns in life. Confident enough to know that whatever arises, Ill be able to handle it. A great writer once said "People wish to learn to swim and at the same time to keep one foot on the ground". Its time to take the plunge!

No comments:

Post a Comment